The Chromium™ De Novo Assembly Solution
True Diploid Assembly with the Supernova™ Assembler
Discover the true genome with the Supernova Assembler and open the door to low-cost, everyday diploid assemblies. Unlock sample-specific sequences, probe diploid genome structure and remove the need for a reference sequence of any kind.
The 10X De Novo Assembly Solution Features:
- True diploid assembly unlike other methods
- Fast and simple de novo assembly workflow
- Go from sample to assembly in <2 weeks
- 10 Mb scaffold size and long range accuracy
- High-quality assembly from as little as 1 ng of DNA
- Validated and supported for human genomes*
*Note on non-human samples: Supernova™ is a de novo assembly program that has been designed to assemble germline human genomes, from data generated using Chromium™ Genome Reagent Kits. 10x Genomics has validated Chromium™ Genome Reagent Kits and Supernova only on human genomes. Therefore, using Supernova to assemble non-human genomes is experimental and may have unexpected features that limit assembly quality. Despite this, many users have successfully assembled non-human genomes using Supernova.
The Chromium™ Controller
Compact, sleek, efficient.
The compact, sleek Chromium™ Controller has been designed to rapidly and efficiently automate the equivalent of 100,000s to 1,000,000s of pipetting steps for highly parallel sample partitioning and molecular barcoding. The Chromium Controller allows a user to run any of our Chromium Single Cell 3′, Genome and Exome Solutions. A dedicated Chromium Single Cell Controller is also available for users that exclusively run our Chromium Single Cell 3′ Solution.
Chromium™ Genome v2 Library Kit & Gel Bead Kit
The Chromium Controller now supports our new Chromium Genome Reagent Kits with v2 chemistry, with the following refinements:
- Chromium Genome Library Kit & Gel Bead Kit v2 comes in 16 and 96-reaction (HT) configurations, offering a flexible workflow that can be scaled based on the needs of each user
- The Chromium Genome HT Library Kit & Gel Bead Kit v2 can be automated on industry standard liquid handlers and has a significant cost advantage per sample
- Chromium Genome HT Library Kit & Gel Bead Kit v2, 96-reactions
- Chromium Genome Library Kit & Gel Bead Kit v2, 16-reactions
- Chromium Genome Chip Kit v2, 48-reactions
- Chromium i7 Multiplex Kit, 96-reactions
The Chromium™ de novo Assembly Software Suite
Supernova™ Assembler is a software package for de novo assembly from Chromium Linked-Reads.
The Supernova™ Assembler software package includes:
- supernova mkfastq
- supernova run
- supernova mkoutput
10x Genomics, Inc.
September 10, 2016
10x Genomics, Inc.
August 15, 2016
Yeo S et al. 2017 Jan 17; Pre-print*.
Seo JS et al. Nature. 2016 Oct 5;538(7624):243-247. doi: 10.1038/nature20098. PMID: 27706134.
Assembly of the complete Sitka Spruce chloroplast genome using 10x Genomics’ GemCode sequencing data
Coombe L et al. PLoS One. 2016 Sep 15;11(9):e0163059. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0163059. PMID: 27632164.
Weisenfeld NI et al. 2016 Aug 19; Pre-print*.
Jackman SD et al. 2016 Aug 7; Pre-print*.
Mostovoy Y et al. Nat Methods. 2016 Jul;13(7):587-90. doi: 10.1038/nmeth.3865. PMID: 27159086.